Tuesday, February 7, 2012

First Trout of 2012

While the winter hasn't been exactly freezing and cold we have great snow packs and will continue to get more.  We have been having these warm spells recently so on Sat. a buddy and I drove over and fished the Missouri River in Central Montana and it is official, the trout are biting in 2012.  We had great nymph fishing and could have caught fish on Midges if the wind would have laid down for a second.  I haven't yet been out but have heard the Bitterroot is starting to fish as well look for midging fish and skwala nymph action in the afternoons.  Mostly I have been holed up in my new boat shop creating a low side bitterroot skiff for this year.  I was so pleased with last years design I needed to refine and create once more to try and perfect the final product.  Our season starts around March 20 around here and that mean there should be dry fly fishing by that time, we will begin to be able to catch consistent numbers on nymphs in a couple of weeks.  I still have openings in March and April so give me a call and get on the books for one of the best dry fly fishing times of year!  karl@sheerwaterguides.com

No comments:

Post a Comment