Sunday, March 20, 2011

Well it is here! March Madness! In the last week we have had some excellent dry fly fishing in the late mornings and afternoons. The Skwala hatch is in full swing and as good as ever. I say it every year but it is like clock work, "come March 15th no matter the weather fish start looking for Skwala dry's." I feel like many years March is as good or better than April even though there aren't all that many naturals bugs about. It better just because the fish haven't seen a bunch of various fake dry imitations that are consistently being pulled out of their mouth. We are still totally on the Bitterroot but as the earth warms we will begin to fish both the Clark Fork and Blackfoot as well. I think water conditions should hold together into mid April but I would come fish as soon as possible. Get a hold of me at karl@sheerwaterguides.com or check out the website and remember we are running spring specials until May 15th just $375/day

No comments:

Post a Comment