Monday, May 21, 2012

May and Summer is almost here.

This 2012 spring has been one of my favorite springs of all time!  After a great spring Skwala Stonefly season, my wife and I headed south to Moab, Utah with our Airstream trailer and two faithful yellow labs for ten days of mountain biking and hanging around in the desert of Southern Utah.  I got back to Missoula fished a couple of days and then headed to the Florida Keys to fish for Tarpon for four days.  Although the Tarpon catching wasn't all that great I jumped a couple, feed some more, and had a huge number of shots at big ones.  It just wasn't meant to be since the weather and wind wouldn't give us a break.  Even though we had a really good snow pack this year in Western Montana, it seems tha the temperate spring has the snowpack coming off earlier than the last couple of year and our Salmon Fly fishing should be off the hook this year!  I would look for them to start as soon a the 1st of June and last until late June.  Things are really shaping up quickly around here so if you haven't booked any days yet get ahold of me and let me or one of my guides show you just how good fishing can be in the Missoula area.

No comments:

Post a Comment